RE: What's wrong with this query

From: Anne Yu <AYu_at_sos.state.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:34:08 -0700

Thanks Lisa, I got this explain plan from the OEM. What is the 'expected rows' ? Cardinality factor ? This query (below) should only return 1 or 0 row , not 164662478 rows. A consultant company created this application for us. I have over 37 queries like this one. Some expected rows are (8,298,736,866,720), some are(1417777E+1), some performs Merge join Cartesian. None of these queries take more then 1 second to run but they paused the database from time to time. Any ideas?

Million thanks,

By the way, I am readinng your email everyday, feel like you're one of my friends.

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 2:38 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Your hint is wrong. You have to tell it what index to use. example /*+ index (table_alias index_name) */
Remember hints, if they are wrong, will just be ignored.

Your execution plan seems OK. It's returning an awful lot of rows ...

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Doggie Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117