Logging into Windows 2000 "Advanced" Server

From: <DBarbour_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 16:45:02 -0700

Hope somebody can help.

Our network personnel rebooted a Windows 2000 production box without shutting down Oracle. I now have the following error in my alert log: Sat Sep 08 13:45:08 2001
Database mounted in Exclusive Mode.
Completed: alter database mount exclusive Sat Sep 08 13:45:08 2001
alter database open
ORA-1113 signalled during: alter database open...

Metalink says to check my environment variables. Is there an equivalent of the UNIX env command on NT? I'm not sure exactly where the environment is defined here. I'd also like to access this database from the command line to manually start it up. Having had no success with the "as SYSDBA" options for sqlplus on either UNIX or NT, I figure I must be using the wrong syntax. I know I can't use terminal services client (because the bequeath protocol doesn't work), but here's what I'm gettiing after I explicitly set the ORACLE_SID (Metalink says the double quotes are mandatory):

"-" displays the usage syntax
"-?" displays the SQL*Plus version banner
"-M <o>" uses HTML markup options <o>
"-R <n>" uses restricted mode <n>
"-S" uses silent mode

TIA - David A. Barbour