RE: dbms_jobs

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:37:58 -0700

I find it easier, takes less keystrokes, I am the world's worst typist, to SCHEDULE A JOB TO RUN AT 9:45 pm and run every five minutes thereafter

 exec dbms_job.submit(:<jobno>,'<procedure>;', trunc(sysdate) + 21.75/24, 'trunc(sysdate,''MI'') + 5/1440')

Also bear in mind the job_queue_interval parameter and the number of job queue procceses running.
There's no guarantee the job will start precisely when it is scheduled.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

Author: Jared Still