RE: How to change error messages?

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 08:56:25 -0700

The oerr script will use the oraus.msg file. However, Oracle kernel will still use oraus.msb file that is a binay version of the msg file.
Oracle does not give you any tool to convert your customized msg to msb.

But, that's where the fun begins ;) ( I have played with this thing in my own TEST database. Yes, I said... TEST ) Here is how :
SQL> select * from mytable;
select * from mytable

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> !oerr ora 942
00942, 00000, "Do you think this table or view exists? " // *Cause: It could be a typo.
// *Action: Learn to type correctly.

TGIF... :) Cheers!

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com