AW: Hardware requirements when migration oracle from NT to Linux

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 08:39:52 -0700

Hi Paul,

I know that my NT machine is not a high performance, optimal configrated oracle server, cause this server is also: Filesserver
Microsoft SQLServer
Centura SQLBase Server
PDC So, my developers are satisfied with performance yet. I do not want to migrate the hole machine to linux, I only want to migrate my oracle from NT to linux. So therefor I asked the list what hardware do I need to hit the same performance. Cause I migrate my oracle to another server, i will install 8.1.7 not 8.1.5.
We are talking about a developer machine, and about three instances with about 30 schemas, schemas use 20 to 500 MB tablespace. So it's NO production and the data to handle is very small.

Hope I can clarify my question.

There are some oracle dba's outside which handle "small" databases.

Regards

Volker Schoen
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Schoen Volker
  INET: v.schoen_at_inplan.de