RE: How to change error messages?

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 07:36:22 -0700

under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg
there are many error messages files.

the ones your looking for here are

oraus.msg
oraus.msb

The extention msg files are ascii text that you can edit if you like (I used to do this a lot on Oracle 6 and 7), but unless they have changed things since then, these files are used only by the oerr utility.

The msb files are binary files that are used by the executables to look up error messages.

BTW,  the 'us' in the file name indicates us english. If you are working with some other language, it will be oraXX.msg, where XX indicates the language of the file.