Re: Hardware requirements when migration oracle from NT to

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 06:23:52 -0700

a simple 486/60 with 4 meg ram.

Only joking but I loaded redhat linux 7.0 Oracle 8.1.7 on a Dell Gx200 with Intel 850 mz cpu,
128 Meg ram, and 3 drives 1-10GIG, and 2 -40GIG. The data on the linux is the same data as on the production Dell 6300 server with a 450 mz cpu, 1 GIG ram and 2 -10GIG SCSI raid1, and 5-18GIG SCSI raid5 OS Novell Oracle 7.3.4. The linux box used LMT and partitioning and a complex date specific query ran in 3 seconds on the Linux and 10 seconds on the Novell.

ROR mª¿ªm

>>> v.schoen_at_inplan.de 09/07/01 05:45AM >>>
Hi list,

I want to migrate our developer databases from NT 4.0 (Oracle 8.1.5) to Redhat Linux 7.1 (Oracle 8.1.7). My question is, which hardware do I need for the linux machine to hit the same performance than on NT machine.

Hardware NT machine:
2 * PIII 500 processor
1 GB Ram
one RAID 5