OT : Funny

From: Garner, John (NESL-IT) <john.garner_at_northern-electric.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:52:19 -0700

This is toppa!

>DreamWorks announced today they plan to make a film of the momentous
football match that took place on >Saturday 2nd September 2001. "Five-One" is the tentative title of what could be next year's big summer >hit, depicting the American national soccer team's stunning victory over Germany.

>Nicholas Cage heads an all star cast as the captain of the brave US Soccer
team haunted by the trauma
>of losing in the 2000 World Cup final on penalties and the death of his
wife in a riot caused by
>English football hooligans, and finds love in the arms of a female sports
journalist played by Julia
>Roberts. Mel Gibson is the no-nonsense Swedish coach who leads them to
glory, with Keanu Reeves, Ben
>Affleck, Matt Damon and Will Smith playing some of Cage's heroic team
mates. Jeremy Irons is set to
>star as Sir Nigel Villiers-Smythe, the dastardly Englishman who coaches the
German team and forces them
>to play with poisoned-tipped studs to try and cheat the heroic American
team out of victory.

>Director Steven Spielberg defended the film-makers' decision to focus on
the American contribution to
>the victory over Germany and inaccurate and even imagined events in the
story, saying, "Obviously we've >had to take some artistic licence to make the story work on film, but I hope that what we produce will >be true to the spirit of what happened on that famous night."

Oh it made me laugh!!

E mail Disclaimer

You agree that you have read and understood this disclaimer and you agree to be bound by its terms.

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it (if any) are confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator or telephone 0191 210 2060 or e-mail postmaster_at_northern-electric.co.uk.

This e-mail and any attachments have been scanned for certain viruses prior to sending but neither Northern Electric plc nor any of the companies in the Northern Electric group of companies from whom this e-mail originates shall be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.

No warranty of any kind is given in respect of any information contained in this e-mail and you should be aware that that it might be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. It is therefore essential that you verify all such information with us before placing any reliance upon it.

Northern Electric plc
Carliol House
Market Street
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE1 6NE
Registered in England and Wales: Number 2366942

Author: Garner, John (NESL-IT)
  INET: john.garner_at_northern-electric.co.uk