Re: Kind of cool feature! DBMS_RANDOM

From: Anjan Thakuria <anjan.thakuria_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 08:35:29 -0700

Jack, Chris,
Thanks. Don't get play with these a whole lot being on the production side. Both of your experiences with this sounds very exciting. Need to do some research.
Thanks again.
Anjan
"Jack C. Applewhite" wrote:

class=250283722-05092001>Anjan,<span
class=250283722-05092001>Look
in Oracle_Home/RDBMS/admin for the dbmsrand.sql file.  The package is better documented there, at least for the 8.1.6 release.<span class=250283722-05092001>I
used it last year to generate a Session ID for a Web-accessible application to maintain state across a User's multiple page hits.<span class=250283722-05092001><span

class=250283722-05092001>Jack--------------------------------
Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA