RE: archive query - revisited

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:16:40 -0700

Were the indexes also created with nologging?

And for those more knowledgeable than I: If the index was created with nologging and its associated table has date inserted with APPEND will block change vectors for the Indexes be written to redo logs?

If so, perhaps dropping the indexes before load and then recreating them with the NOLOGGING option would miminize your redo (since that seems to be an urgent matter for you). I don't know how feasible this is (size of the tables, # of indexes, need for access to indexes 24x7, etc)

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com