Re: RE: OT : Changing APPLSYS password in Oracle Human

From: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano <alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:41:22 -0700

Hi Catherine,

That's pretty interesting. AFAIR, I didn't have to change any hard code when we working with Oracle Apps 10.7 NCA.

What version you're working with?

Salu2

Mario Alberto Ramos

Mario wrote :
>> That's not the way it works.
>> I remember I did it once and the right steps are on metalink (you need to
do it in Oracle Apps and afterwards in the database).
>> Be pretty careful as you might screw your whole application up on
changing the apps password.

The procedure that Jeram used is exactly the same as Note:1013526.102 in Metalink. I followed the procedure without changing the configuration files and I still cannot login to the Oracle HR applications. Anyway, I found an article in Metalink that states that the apps password which is hardcoded in the file wdbsvr.app must be changed to the new password.

TESTora/8.0.6/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.app
TESTora/webdb/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.app

I changed the passwords and now I can finally login to the Oracle Apps.

Regds,
New Bee

                Date: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 10:19 AM

                That's not the way it works.
                I remember I dit it once and the right steps are on metalink
(you need to do
                it in Oracle Apps and afterwards in the database). Be pretty
careful as you
                might screw your whole application up on changing the apps
password.
                >>> clchan_at_nie.edu.sg 09/04/01 07:30 AM >>>
                Hi Oracle App DBA Gurus,

                Does anyone have a list of files that "hardcode" the APPLSYS
& APPS password
                in the oracle software directory ? I am about to change the
APPS & APPLSYS
                password but worry that the HR application will not run
smoothly as I
                believe the passwords of APPLSYS & APPS accounts are
"hardcoded" in the
                configuration files. Any pointers ? TIA

                Regds,
                New Bee
                Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
                  INET: clchan_at_nie.edu.sg

                Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
                San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

You may
                also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

Author: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano
  INET: alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx