Re: Access to Oracle

From: Stefan Jahnke <stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 06:33:56 -0700

Hi,

you could use SQL and insert the data via ODBC or Oracle Objects. But why not automatize the way you described ? We did the following:
Write some lines of VBA to dump your tables to .csv files. Use some FTP type library (we have Exceed) to trigger your ftp transfer from within your Access application.
Then have a cron job importing the files via SQL*LOADER or write a tcl/expect script to be used from your NT client that remote-executes the SQL*LOADER import on UNIX (2nd option might be easier for users).

| Regards,                   |
| Stefan Jahnke              |
| BOV AG                     |
| @:D2 Vodafone, Abt.: FBOM  |