Re: archive query - revisited

From: <grant.g.holyoake_at_centrelink.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:46:44 -0700

Mohammad and Jay....many thanks for the responses.

Upon running your script Mohammad, I noticed that archive files were being written to the archive directory during a large insert operation and stopped being written once the insert had completed. The insert command uses APPEND, the associated table is indexed but created with nologging. It is however partitioned. I'm still confused as to why logging continues to occur.....could it be that the extents allocated during the insert operation are logged?

The same procedure creates a number of worktables to assist with join queries (not temp tables rather permanent tables) which are subsequently dropped after the query has completed (no indexes - hash joins only). There are no deletes or updates.

Any more clues??

Here's a copy of the table structure:

(See attached file: table.txt)

Here's a copy of the insert statement summarized from the procedure:

(See attached file: insert.txt)

Many thanks
Grant
 table.txt