Re: RMAN/NETBACKUP/ORACLE 8.1.6 Configuration Problems

From: Anjan Thakuria <anjan.thakuria_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:22:12 -0700

We have the following configuration and it has been working all right for more than a year and half.

The config as follows...

Solaris 2.6
Netbackup 3.2
Oracle 8.1.6 and 8.1.7.1

We always do the following take a full level 0 backup... ( have riun into problems where it asks for very old arch so we do a resync catalog as well..

Here is a sample script...

run{
resync catalog;
allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape';
allocate channel t2 type 'sbt_tape';
backup
incremental level 0
format 'df_%d_%t_%s_%p'
filesperset 5
(database);
# Archive the current online redo log
sql 'alter system archive log current' ; sql 'alter system archive log current' ; # Backup the archivelogs and delete
backup
filesperset 10
format 'al_t%t_s%s_p%p'
(archivelog all delete input) ;
release channel t1;
release channel t2;

Off course we have this as a stored script which is called form a shell script and is executable by root.

All the backups are scheduled using the netbackup console and is only available top the SA.

Pl let me know if there is anything more that I can help you with on this .( I alos have sized the large pool for this .. )

Anjan

Author: Anjan Thakuria
  INET: anjan.thakuria_at_eds.com