Re: RMAN/NETBACKUP/ORACLE 8.1.6 Configuration Problems

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 04:58:31 -0700

Do you backup your archivelogs before you delete them? If you do you shouldn't get the rman-20242 error. We always backup the archivelogs when we do backup and store the archivelog backup with the database backup.

We don't backup to tape so I can't help you there and we don't use Netbackup.

Regards,
Ruth
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us