Re: gzip'ing rman backups

From: Stefan Jahnke <stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 02:01:01 -0700

Hi,

if you want to check the file consistency, you will have to do it by hand. RMAN doesn't do it for you.
But, assuming you know the file structure to be backed up, do the following:
Write the file structure with ls to a file. Then, after you have your tared-gzipped files, apply a check with the gzips "t" option. Then, check for the contents of the file with the gzips "l" and tars "t" option and verify, that all the files in there are the same as in the file to which you wrote the contents of the filesystem you spooled in the beginning.

| Regards,                   |
| Stefan Jahnke              |
| BOV AG                     |
| @:D2 Vodafone, Abt.: FBOM  |