Re: 9i NT - now autostart instance

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:16:06 -0700

Hi

I would have to disagree with this.
What if you have a standby database - whereby - you *have* to start the service, but do not want to open the instance, but go through a stepwise process

startup nomount
alter database mount standby database
recover standby database

shutdown abort                          -- this is to avoid bugs
quit

In this case - a "correctly setup" database would not have the service start the instance.

Paul

don't pull overnight recoveries the night before a 3 day weekend.

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com