set event 4031

From: Henry Poras <Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:21:21 -0700

We have been having occasional ORA-4031 problems. I will probably need to increase the shared_pool, but before doing that I wanted to get some extra information. Yesterday I entered ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS '4031 trace name heapdump level 2'. This morning I found a few trace files in the udump directory. They all seemed to show enough free space (I looked at the size of the free space chunks in the FREE LIST section) so I didn't understand why we would have the 4031. I asked one of our developers to send me the log file of the application where the 4031 shows up, and he said there were no such errors last night. This is consistent with the amount of free space in the shared_pool, but why am I getting the trace files? Anybody else seen this? I am on 8.1.6.3

Thanks.

Henry

Author: Henry Poras
  INET: Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 31 2001 - 11:21:21 CDT