Re: Oracle licensing,,,,again

From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:57:27 -0700

In these cases, Oracle tends to charge by the power of your server multiplied by the tensile strength of your shoelace divided by the number of sheep in an arbitrary pasture plus the total number of hair folicles on your head.... then doubled.

Seriously, I've always had best success (in Oz and UK) by getting an Oracle guy in to your site and trying to nut out a reasonable deal. In our case, we had peak 2000 users concurrent, average 300 during the month, so we came to an arrangement on somewhere about 500

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Do You Yahoo!?
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=
  INET: hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk