Tuning File IO on 8.0.5 and a Netapp file system

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:11:17 -0700

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>I am trying to figure out how to configure the DBWR_IO_SLAVES parameter on our system.   We are running 8.0.5 and are using Network Appliances as our file storage.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>For those who do not know Network Appliances, they have a file system called the WAFL (Wrate Anywhere) file layout.  This means that you really do not configure individual drives or mount points based on individual physical drives.  The OS takes care of placing the data where it wants to.    Its prety quick and is working out well for Oracle.   But, since there are no specific drives to count up, how do you come up with a reasonable DBWR_IO_SLAVES value on this system ??
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Thanks
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Kevin Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 12:11:17 CDT