Clarification on External procedure in Oracle 8.1.6

From: Ramesh_Kota <Ramesh_Kota_at_satyam.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:50:35 -0700

Hi all...

        I believe any of u Would be of GREAT help...

I have been trying Calling C functions from pl/sql using Oracle 8i's  External Routine. It works. But when I try to call the Pro*C function after precompiling it .. it is failing at connect itself. I have used

EXEC SQL Connect username identified by passwd;

        The same Pro*c WORKS FINE when I try it from the command line.

        Have any of u tried calling Pro*C from Pl/sql. If YES. could u .. Send me an example or some resource from wherein I can proceed with my work.

Thanx a lot in advance

Ramesh. Received on Thu Aug 30 2001 - 01:50:35 CDT