listener supports no services

From: Pat Hildebrand <pat_at_ssc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:29:12 -0700

Has anyone run across this problem and come up with a way around it?

This morning we had a change of IP-addresses on a cluster of machines. Our production server is now returning

          The listener supports no services whenever we try to start the listener. We have tried creating a new listener (using a new name and new port) but we still get this message. This is 8.1.6.2 on SunOS 5.7. The OS is 64 bit and Oracle is 32 bit.

The applications are all web based so if there is a work around for OAS that in some way can access the database without going through the listener (we can access the database via sqlplus as long as it is the sqlplus on the same machine) it would help us out until we can solve this. I have temporarily brought up one application on the test instance since most of the data is via database links. However, we don't have the space to move other apps that store their data locally.

A TAR has been opened with Oracle but at this point we looking for all suggestions.

TIA

                 Pat

Author: Pat Hildebrand
  INET: pat_at_ssc.upenn.edu
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 16:29:12 CDT