How to loop call to SQL script in PL/SQL...

From: Denmark Weatherburne <denmark_weatherburne_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:28:35 -0700

Hi DBA's & Developers,

I first tried to call a batch file which calls SQL*Plus and executes an SQL script from within Perl, but I had no success. Perhaps I'm taking the wrong approach.
I'm sure it can be done using PL/SQL.
I want to run an SQL script repeatedly every 5 seconds throughout the day to capture the SQL statements that are being parsed by the Oracle engine and spool the results to a disk file.
I would appreciate your help in sending me the PL/SQL code to accomplish this task.
I don't have mush experience using PL/SQL, but I am prepared to learn.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Denmark Weatherburne
"Knowledge is power, but it is only usefule if it is shared!"

Author: Denmark Weatherburne
  INET: denmark_weatherburne_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 13:28:35 CDT