RE: LinuxFS for Oracle

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:17:24 -0700

Oracle works on ReiserFS as well as on Ext2. My personal preference was ReiserFS because of the abominable fsck times with my big disks (32GB & 20GB). I don't see much overhead. With UDMA3/66 enabled, my disks are performing
extremely well. Having 384 MB RAM also helps a bit. On the other hand, I am a DBA and I only have oracle database to test & explore cool new features, i.e.
I don't do any real work (which is a streak shared by all DBAs). If you put a real database with real users on such a box, please let me know how is it going.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com