RE: creating the database from another

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:37:04 -0700

Bunyamin

There
are two ways to do this.
<SPAN

class=375495711-28082001>
The
easiest way is to re-create the control files like I told you in the last email.  Before you run the sql script, be sure and edit it to change the location of all of the data files from the E to the D drive.
<SPAN

class=375495711-28082001>
As far
as the "reuse" command, you can ignore it.  If you are going to re-create the control files, you do not have to copy them from the SourceDB to the TargetDB as you will be creating them fresh.
<SPAN

class=375495711-28082001>
The
second way to do this is to copy everything as I told you, and create the Oracle service.
Get
into svrmgrl and issue a Startup Mount command. Then
issue "Alter Database Rename File 'E:filename' to 'D:filename" for each and every datafile in your database (Redo Logs, and all Tablespaces).
After
you have done this, you should be able to issue an Alter Database Open command, and  you should be all set.
<SPAN

class=375495711-28082001>
Good
Luck!

Tom Mercadante <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Oracle Certified Professional

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz   [mailto:bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr]Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001   3:45 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   RE: creating the database from another   Ok Thomas ,
  thank you but another question rises here for me.

          The drive
  of soucedb is E but my targetdb will be on D drive. How will I manager that   ?
           And
  in the control file backup , there is "reuse" keyword . will I neglect   it?

  Thank you
  <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Bunyamin Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 07:37:04 CDT