RE: strange problem with v$recover_file ???

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:12:55 -0700

Andrea,

>From Metalink, the column is defined in uppercase:

SQL> select online from v$recover_file;
select online from v$recover_file

       *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00936: missing expression

SQL> select "ONLINE" from v$recover_file;

no rows selected

Also, online is a reserved word and that is why you originally get the ora-00936 error:

SQL> select * from v$reserved_words where keyword ='ONLINE';

KEYWORD                                                              LENGTH
ONLINE                                                                    6

SQL> Regards,
Bruce Reardon.

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au