RE: How fast are your tape backups?

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:26:27 -0700

FYI, We have NT4, 1Gb RAM.
Fibre Channel Disks
Tape Drive is a Dell (Quantum) DLT7000 connected via SCSI. Using Backup Exec.

Our total backup and verify is 17.6Gb which takes 126 mins (2.4MB/sec but includes verify).
If I consider just a 1 drive backup only (ie no verify) we backup approx 5 Gb at 541.3 MB / min = 9 MB/sec.

        (This is using Hardware compression).

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 20:26:27 CDT