ORA-10027 in ps/sql block

From: Holman, Rodney <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:03:35 -0700

I have a developer here who is trying to populate a cursor. Every time he runs his code he gets the above error stating that the buffer is too small. We have tried explicitly setting the buffer to 1,000,000 bytes. This is FAR greater than needed for the amount of data requested. No matter what buffer size we set he still gets the overflow.

We have tried both of the following ideas from metalink

Any ideas?

Rodd Holman

Doc ID:   Note:1005230.6                                Content Type:
TEXT/PLAIN
26-AUG-1994
Type:     PROBLEM                                       Last Revision Date:
13-JAN-1995

Problem Description:

Problem Explanation:

NEW PROBLEM Solution: INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE BUFFER

Solution Description:

Increase the size of the buffer. The size of the buffer must be an integer between
2,000 and 1,000,000.

Solution Explanation:

Use one of the following two methods to increase the size of the buffer:

  1. At the SQL*PLUS or SQL*DBA prompt, type SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE n where n is an integer between 2,000 and 1,000,000.

    Example: To increase the buffer size to 10,000 type     SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 10000   2. Inside the PL/SQL block type

   DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(n)
   where n is an integer between 2,000 and 1,000,000.

   See Appendix A of the Oracle7 Server Application Developer's Guide for    an explanation of the ENABLE command.   .

Author: Holman, Rodney
  INET: rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 12:03:35 CDT