RE: Alertlog

From: Arich Henneman <Arich_at_valleycare.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:46:43 -0700

Any/All,
In our VMS environment it is <SID>_ALERT.LOG. Just in case someone was curious....

-Arich

>>> kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com 08/23/01 09:05PM >>> Raj,
All the UNIX platforms I have worked on (about 6 so far), the name has been
alert_<SID>.log. On my NT workstation it is <SID>ALRT.log. I have not found
a way to name the alert log any different. You can check if the background
dest has a 'forward' slash then use alert_<SID>.log else <SID>ALRT.log for
NT. Not sure how it is done on Comapq VAX/VMS VAX/Alpha. But I can find that
out, if that is needed.

Regards,

background_dump_dest

Author: Deshpande, Kirti