Standard SQLNET.ORA with multiple O_HOME's

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:03:47 -0700

Greetings fellow listers,

We are starting to make the changes
to sqlnet.ora files, I discovered that we have 9 separate files on one particular.  Most of the file is identical with the only variance appearing to be in the SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME value which ranges from 10 to 300.

I'm thinking that we could have a single file (maybe in /etc/) and create OS links from the various $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora files.  Has anyone tried this or know of any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea? We also have quite a number of hosts and have a standard tnsnames.ora that we ftp from a master location on a nightly basis and would like to do the same with a standard sqlnet.ora.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stephen Andert Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 11:03:47 CDT