RE: Microsoft XP

From: Sinha, Shashank (MED, TCS) <Shashank.Sinha_at_med.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:19:50 -0700

It is insane!! How can you expect someone to NOT upgrade? Just a year back, it was a BIG configuration if you had 32 MB RAM, and 2 Gig drive.
Now, they have these 60Gig hard drives, and the newer OS's and application really hog space like they assume you have 20+ drive. And 32 MB RAM? Many apps would laugh in its face. Does Microsoft assume that we won't be moving on to these in a year if not in the next six months??? And that would mean re-licensing XP every time I moved from 64 -> 128--> 256....RAM???
Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Author: Sinha, Shashank (MED, TCS)
  INET: Shashank.Sinha_at_med.ge.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:19:50 CDT