RE: Microsoft XP

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 02:47:09 -0700

Kevin,

My advice would be to type:

C:\>format c:\

Then install Win2K from the outset! The install is painless, and the O/S is a HELL of a lot more stable. Don't bother upgrading from 98 -> 2000, as you *can* get software driver problems etc.

Now I also know (like me) you're a gamer, (is this why you went for 98 also?), and Win2K gets some bad press in this world too - I can categorically state that given a stable machine, and provided you monitor what is installed on your system, and don't install crappy apps, the system will run sweet as a nut!

Go on, take the plunge!!

Mark

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 04:47:09 CDT