Migrate/Update-which way is better?

From: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano <alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:24:32 -0700

Hello listers,

I have got two options in order to upgrade/migrate my RDBMS from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7. The first one is by using the migration tool. The second one and more interesting is by using exp/imp.
I donīt like the first option because it doesnīt help me defragment the database. I like the second one better, but I have some questions:

  1. I have a full export dump, I know the objects owned by sys are not exported/imported. What happens to the objects owned by system?
  2. Will the import corrupt the 8.1.7 system schema by importing the system objects from 8.0.6?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Mario Alberto Ramos

Salu2

Author: Mario Alberto Ramos Arellano
  INET: alramos_at_capufe.gob.mx

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 10:24:32 CDT