Re: Archived logs

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:29:09 -0700

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:53:07PM -0800, Aldi Barco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My database generated so many archived log now, let say 20 archived log per
> minute. The application and the number of rows in the database is not too
> much different with few days ago.

How did you determine this to be true? The last time it happened to me some developer had written the loop from hell and turned it loose. Statspack report gives a list of the sql activity. sql_text from v$sqlarea might be a good thing to look at. I can't, off the top of my head link the sid to the query, but when all the real dbas wake up they will quote it to you, sid from v$session linked to some hash. That link of what id is running what sql seems to be missing from statspack, think I'll try to add that in later.

Ray Stell stellr_at_vt.edu (540) 231-4109 KE4TJC 28^D
Author: Ray Stell
  INET: stellr_at_stell.cns.vt.edu