RE: Q about Oracle Optimizer

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:51:05 -0700

John,
Thanks for update. But in our case no export was involved in migration as it was not our option for migration because of Database size. We used 7.3.4.5 datafiles and migrated...there were no statistics of our objects....

Regards

MOHAMMAD RAFIQ Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:50:46 -0800

Hi all,

Although it is a little late in this thread, keep in mind that 'STATISTICS=ESTIMATE' kicks in by default for export. This could also have affected the final outcome, i.e. CHOOSE with incorrect stats isn't exactly the right combination for the best performance ;-)

IMHO, this gotcha has caught out a lot of DBAs - even experienced ones...

John Kanagaraj

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
   INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com