RE: checkpoint message

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:05:06 -0700

smacks of incremental checkpointing...new implemented in 8i i think....the RBA is a redo block address.

More than that, and you'll have to smoke some DBA crack, make some guru mushroom tea, hack the internals, write a book, and then become highly enigmatic and largely helpful.

De: mala singh [mailto:mala_singhm_at_hotmail.com] Enviado el: Lunes, 23 de Octubre de 2000 03:01 p.m. Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: checkpoint message

Hi all

I think there is some wait in our checkpointing.please correct me.I received

the following message in alert.log file

Beginning log switch checkpoint up to RBA [0x55.3.11], SCN: 0x0000.000505b1

Completed checkpoint up to RBA [0x55.3.11], SCN: 0x0000.000505b1

Please advice me for correction.
Thanks in advance.

Mala
DBA-USA

Author: mala singh
  INET: mala_singhm_at_hotmail.com

Author: Veronica Levin
  INET: vlevin_at_victoria.com.ni

Author: Mohan, Ross
  INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:05:06 CDT