RE: Standby Database Error

From: Ravindra Basavaraja <ravindra_at_sentica.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:49:56 -0700

I was able to configure the standby database.I am not clear about the redo log files.Oracle
Standby database creation dod doesn't talk of moving the redo log files.Do we have to move
the redo log files from the primary database to the standby database.But the standby database
iw working fine and i open it in READ only mode to check if the data is in sync with the primary database
and i found it to be good.

When I give selct member from v$logfile; it lists the redo logs but actually no files
exist in that directory.

Should we move the redo logs also to the standby database from the primary database.

Thanks
Ravindra

Author: Ravindra Basavaraja
  INET: ravindra_at_sentica.com