Memory Sizing

From: Stuart Graham <sgraham_at_intertrain.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 04:17:45 -0700

All, I have a question re Sizing of various memory areas in the SGA.

On a test box (8.1.6.0.0 NT4), I have a database with the following init.ora parameters...

db_block_buffers = 500

shared_pool_size = 4951040

large_pool_size = 614400
java_pool_size = 0

log_buffer = 32768

db_block_size = 4096

However, querying v$sga and v$sgastat gives some different results...

SQL> SELECT *
2    FROM v$sga;

<FONT face="Courier New"

size=2>NAME
VALUE-------------------- ----------Fixed
Size
70924Variable
Size
9756672Database Buffers
2048000Redo
Buffers
77824

SQL> SELECT pool,
2         SUM(bytes)
3    FROM v$sgastat  4   GROUP BY
pool;

<FONT face="Courier New"
size=2>POOL        SUM(BYTES)----------- ----------java pool        32768large
pool      614400shared pool
9091800
2185484

As you can see, only my database buffers seem to match what was specified in the init.ora The redo buffers are equal to
(log_buffer*2)+ 1 block.
The shared pool bears no resemblance to shared_pool_size!!

Thanks in
advance... Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 06:17:45 CDT