RE: environmental variables

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:42:17 -0700

Lyuda,

I have exactly these type of environmental files on my NT server. The PATH on the NT server is altered to include the directory where these files exist.

I have one file for each database instance on each server.

For example, the listing below is the WTWD.BAT file (representing the WTWD database). Notice all of the environmental values that will point me to various DBA directories, as well as RMan common settings.

Because it is a .BAT file, I call it from varois jobs to set the correct environmental values.

Nothing new here - this stuff has been available in Unix forever. Just doing the same thing in NT.

Hope this helps.

@rem **************************************************************
@rem File Name : WTWD.BAT
@rem Purpose : This file will establish environmental