Re: Picking up the tab

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:48:52 -0700

ooh I love doing "brain dumps"

  1. how many databases, where are they (machine, disk layout)
  2. backup schedules, all processes and procedures associated with them
  3. monitoring scripts -- how often are they run, where are they run from
  4. contact information -- who does what (sysadmin, operations, users)
  5. recovery procedures -- what's the schedule for testing them
  6. escalation process -- when do you contact higher management and turn things over?
  7. where are all the scripts you run?
  8. daily/weekly/monthly/yearly schedules (I'm doing a monthly data load right now, if I got hit by a bus, they'd need to know when and how to run it)
  9. CSI numbers if you have them
  10. Oracle Sales Rep contact
  11. where the coffee pot is <G>

this is just fast, off the top of my head, in no particular order....

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com