RE: w2k scripting

From: Guy Hammond <guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:06:32 -0700

Perl
on Windows is great, when you consider things like manipulating the user database or system log, it's probably more useful on Windows than it is even on Unix. And DBI works the same on both platforms.
<SPAN

class=681110210-20082001>
There
is a thing called "Windows Scripting Host" which is available from MS (for free, I think) which is easy to use.
<SPAN

class=681110210-20082001>
Also,
there are products that provide a Unix shell scripting environment on Windows, but these tend to be a bit crufty.
<SPAN

class=681110210-20082001>
<SPAN

class=681110210-20082001>g
<SPAN

class=681110210-20082001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Koivu, Lisa   [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com]Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001   10:15 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   w2k scripting
  Bonjour,
  I've been digging around for scripting documentation on   w2k.  Microsoft's website talks about Jscript and vbscript and xml - none   of which are my strengths and all look like they are much more complicated   than I need.  I need to find a scripting language that will allow me to   do simple things on w2k - fire export, fire backup, send me email/pages,   etc.  If I wanted to learn another language,  I'd sit down and learn   Perl, not xml/VBscript/Jscript!
  Can anyone point me to a scripting language they have used on   w2k?  All my scripts were in ksh...  I may just bite the bullet and   learn Perl anyway.  I've got more than enough time.   Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions <FONT   size=2>Lisa Koivu Oracle Database Administrator   Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA Received on Mon Aug 20 2001 - 05:06:32 CDT