Re: but will it run windows?

From: Scott Shafer <>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:33:57 -0700

Not everyone can throw money/hardware at an OS's deficiencies. Windows has a great interface, if it would only work as advertised.

I think the big desire is to see M$ tighten up their codebase, i.e., make everything work better and more reliably rather than packing in additional features that only one user in a million will ever use (and opening up 10 additional exploits in the process).

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX

Christopher Spence wrote:
> <steps on the soap box>
> And that is why 30 million people run windows.
> Yup, windows is completely useless. Get rid of it. It crashes every 1
> second.
> I am no microsoft fan, but I have my laptop which I reboot once/3 months. I
> close it, which puts it in standby and I take it home, it automatically awks
> my wireless network and on the internet when I walk in the door, go to work
> and it is back on our lan. Got a win2k machine at home running, oracle, as
> well as many other things, which I use to play games as well. I haven't
> rebooted it in 2 months, that was because I had to downgrade ie6 beta back
> to 5.5

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: