RE: computer history stories - Now: IQ, etc.

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:13:28 -0700

I always called what your wife calls "street smarts" common sense.

or as I describe it, some people are theoreticians. I'm a technician. I don't care necessarily HOW it works. I just want to make it work.

But I also qualify as intelligent by your definition. I have a large store of seemingly unrelated information in my brain. I can and do make associations between two or more of these unrelated items, which often leads to the "aha!" factor in the people around me.

So I'm intelligent, not wise, have a lot of common sense and act as a catalyst for discovery in people around me. I can live with that :)

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com