RE: Re[2]: Datafile Migration Tool

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:00:24 -0700

Alex - you must be joking, 60hrs? i get ~1gb/3mins for export. i haven't done an import lately, but its not that bad. exp/imp are great tools to move data around.

gene

>>> Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov 08/15/01 06:08PM >>>
exp/imp does not work(takes too much time)for large databases. How long do you think import will take for 200G database? - about 60 hours?

Alex Hillman

Author: "Rachel Carmichael" <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date:       8/14/2001 12:41 PM

it doesn't sound like an ftp type tool. If I am reading this correctly, he is proposing to provide a tool that copies datafiles directly from one OS to

another.

While this is an interesting trick, I'm not sure there's a large market for it.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Hillman, Alex