RE: Performance analysis (enqueue and buffer busy waits)

From: Post, Ethan <epost_at_kcc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:42:56 -0700

Jonathen,

The trace file only related to one process. We were running 23 others simultaneously. All where doing the same thing with a different data selection. The application is certainly hosed as all ERP applications are as I understand it, even Oracle Apps. This happens to be J.D. Edwards OneWorld. The F4211 update you speak of is a mystery as it doesn't really make sense for the same session to update that many rows in the sales order table. I will be following up with JDE on that one. The log buffer was originally 5 MB and log file sync waits were high. I thought reducing the log buffer size would help. Unfortunalty it is hard to get real measures of the impact of changes as the system is heavily used and time to perform testing is far and few in between. Hopefully we will have the system all to ourselves on Sunday for some very detailed iterative testing and analysis. We have progressivly increased log buffer size from 64K, 128K, to 256K. Will try some more drastic modifications on Sunday. Don't have the other information you need but will let you know next week how things go. Thanks for all the help.

http://www.freetechnicaltraining.com/docs/52750.txt

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. Thank you.
Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: epost_at_kcc.com