Re:RE: Checking if Oracle Connection still valid

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:24:29 -0700

Kevin,

    Very true, I remember it from way back in 85 on Version 4 of Oracle. The problem with sqlca and OCI is that it's "not required" and therefore often left out.

Dick Goulet

Author: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Author: "Yusron Hilmy" <yusron_at_ebdesk.com>
Date:       8/14/2001 9:20 PM

Hi All,

I am using OCI to build my oracle application. In OCI, how I can check if oracle connection/session is still valid ? like dbdead() in MSSQL.

Thanks,
Yusron

Author: Yusron Hilmy
  INET: yusron_at_ebdesk.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Aug 15 2001 - 11:24:29 CDT