RE: Datafile Migration Tool

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:01:02 -0700

Actually, this could be an interesting tool. Our production database is on HP. But I would like to
setup several test instances on linux or other platforms for the developers. Moving 30-40Gb of data
around via export/import would be a real pain.

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
"Either lead by example, or become a terrible warning"

                    kaygopal_at_yaho

                    o.com                To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    root_at_fatcity.        Subject:     RE: Datafile Migration Tool

                    com

                    08/14/01

                    02:41 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Kirti,

Frankly speaking , (as of now) I have to support the database and I don't think Oracle will support. But if you have luxury..you can always reorgaze the database and oracle HAS to suport the database.

Initially I can give this tool for learning oracle and playing with oracle databases, I can pack this tool with a custom block editor where you can edit the databases, and an unloader tool (like DUL) which gives you the data in text format from the data files.

But I don;t think Oracle will support any of these tools. :(

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Bangalore, INDIA.