Re: Substitute for Materialized Views/Snapshots?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:38:19 -0700

Chris,
 If you can do an export of the data you need in a short period of time you could use the CONSISTANT=Y clause to get a "shapshot" of your tables. ROR mª¿ªm

>>> crezek_at_dotclick.com 08/14/01 03:21PM >>> Anita - I checked 112591.1 and also filed an iTAR to confirm with Oracle - there is no materialized view functionality for SE.

Chris - Alas, transportable tablespaces are not available for SE either.

I'm still looking for suggestions. The tables need to be read-consistent down to the second. Is there a way I can do a CREATE AS SELECT or COPY for all five tables in a way that ensures this?

Chris

Author: Chris Rezek
  INET: crezek_at_dotclick.com

Author: Ron Rogers