Hot Backup.........paths.

From: Veronica Levin <vlevin_at_victoria.com.ni>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:40:41 -0700

Hi listers,
I'm testing a hot backup script that I want to run overnight, but the only way I can get it to work is using absolute paths.....I don't like it that way..... is there any chance I can use relative paths in this? I tried to include a change directory but it didn't work. thanks in advance for your input!

SQL> alter tablespace TEMP begin backup;
SQL> host /bin/tar -cvf /exp_imp/temp.tar /truck_temp/tempPROD1.dbf
SQL> host compress -c /exp_imp/temp.tar>/exp_imp/TEMP_08_aug_01.Z
SQL> alter tablespace TEMP end backup;

f80 root /exp_imp -> tar -vtf temp.tar
-rw-r----- 203 11 419438592 Aug 13 13:30:22 2001 /truck_temp/tempPROD1.dbf
f80 root /exp_imp ->

Saludos,
Veronica Levin Enriquez
Administrador AIX
Compañía Cervecera de Nicaragua

Author: Veronica Levin
  INET: vlevin_at_victoria.com.ni

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:40:41 CDT