RE: OT -- training

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:29:17 -0700

That i dont know for sure, i incorporated so there would be less questions from the IRS, got a taxid the whole thing, separate checking acct, credit cards, so there is a definite separation between business money and personal money.

joe

oh and my original statement should have been a question

You can't write off training?????

>>> epost_at_kcc.com 08/13/01 04:11PM >>>Joe do you actually have to get incorporated or can you just file as aprivate business? - E-----Original Message-----From: JOE TESTA [<A href="mailto:JTESTA_at_longaberger.com]">mailto:JTESTA_at_longaberger.com]Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 12:42 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LYou can't write off training.  you need to get incorporated.  I'm a businessentity and if/when the company i work for won't pay for training, you canbet it will get written off on my taxes, that includes all of the oraclebooks, OCP exams, you name it, it gets deducted as a legitimate companyexpense.  2 years ago the company i was working for didnt want to send me toopenworld(and I knew i'd be leaving in less than 2months anyways), so i atethe cost and wrote the entire trip off.joe>>> RROGERS_at_galottery.org
08/13/01 02:41PM >>>Patrice,There is "resistance" to any training that I feel is necessary to further myknowledge and/or enhance my understanding of the Oracle processes. Eventhough I have money in the budget for such items I have to submit a businesscase defining the gains to the company and after completing the course witha passing grade the company will reimburse me the expenses for the courseonly. I also have to sign a waver that I will pay the company back the fullcost of the course if I leave their employment before 365 days. Needless tosay I pay for everything myself and hope to write it off on taxes if theyever get the bill signed into law.ROR mª¿ªm >>> BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 08/13/01 11:46AM >>>Just out of curiosity, how many days / weeks of real training did youremployer provide you with in the last couple of years?"real" is in quotes, I don't mean the little 1 - 3 day seminars given byCareerTrack and other "training" companies, or management-related stuff likelittle MBA-flavoured certificates from universities.Oh, and did the amount of training you received match what you were toldduring your job interview?Regards,Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology Services        |
Services technologiquesInformatics
Branch         | Direction de
l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca < <A href="mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca">mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca<<A href="mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca">mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> > --Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A

href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com<<A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com>
--Author: Boivin, Patrice J  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego,
California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists--------------------------------------------------------------------To
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).--Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com<<A href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com> --Author: Ron Rogers  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.orgFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like
e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.   Thank
see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A
href="http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com--Author: Post, Ethan  INET: epost_at_kcc.comFat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:29:17 CDT